13 NIGHT MEMBER APPRECIATION CRUISE JAPAN AND CHINA
Hosted by Brenda Hunsberger, AAA Club Alliance Senior Vice President of Travel Services
October 13-26, 2019 | from Yokohama, Japan to Shanghai, China Aboard Holland America’s Westerdam
AAA member price starting at $1,899* per person
The Far East is an exotic, mystical land that entices travelers with a colorful kaleidoscope of historic cultural treasures not found anywhere else. With its sublime beauty, centuries-old traditions and modern-day influences around
the world, the countries of Asia present a truly fascinating tapestry of life.
Sunday, October 13 - Embark Yokohama, Japan
Monday, October 14 - Shimizu, Japan
Tuesday, October 15 - Osaka, Japan
Wednesday, October 16 - At Sea
Thursday, October 17 - Busan (Pusan), South Korea
Friday, October 18 - At Sea
Saturday, October 19 - Incheon (Seoul), South Korea
Sunday, October 20 - At Sea
Monday, October 21 - Tianjin (Beijing), China
Tuesday, October 22 - Tianjin (Beijing), China
Wednesday, October 23 - At Sea
Thursday, October 24 - Qingdao, China
Friday, October 25 - At Sea
Saturday, October 26 - Disembark, Shanghai, China
AAA EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
- Hosted by Brenda Hunsberger, AAA Club Alliance
Senior Vice President of Travel Services
- AAA Travel Escort
- Commemorative Gift
- Private Welcome Cocktail Party
- Private Champagne Brunch
- Private Farewell Cocktail Party
- AAA Bags & Tags
HOLLAND AMERICA’S AAA EXCLUSIVE AMENITIES:
- Dinner for 2 in Pinnacle Grill & Canaletto
- $50 beverage card per person
(Amenities only for fi rst two guests per stateroom)
AAA Member Prices
Taxes, fees and port expenses of $200 per person are additional.
- VA - Verandah Stateroom $3,219*
- VD - Verandah Stateroom $3,099*
- D - Large Ocean View Stateroom $2,359*
- G - Large Ocean View Stateroom $2,199*
- L - Interior Stateroom $1,899*
DEPOSIT: $600 per person due at time of reservation
FINAL PAYMENT: Due July 5, 2019
JAPAN AND CHINA
SUGGESTED SIGHTSEEING 2019
- Visit Mt. Fuji, the tallest mountain in Japan, which is also an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- View more than 1,300 ukiyo-e exhibits at the Tokaido Hiroshige Art Museum, many by Hiroshige Utagawa one of the best known Edo Period ukiyo-e artists and famous for his captivating landscapes.
BUSAN (PUSAN), SOUTH KOREA
- The world’s largest statue of Buddha is the fi rst of many interesting sights that await you in the city of Nara — a center of arts, literature and religion.
- Enjoy a full day of sightseeing Southern Kyoto and Nara with a visit to the town of Fushimi — home to 37 sake breweries. See temples, shrines and famous historical buildings.
INCHEON (SEOUL), SOUTH KOREA
- Don’t miss participating in a Korean tea ceremony, with tea prepared from tea leaves in a traditional tea setting.
- Visit the Tongdosa Temple. This temple is very unusual and very famous for not having any Buddhist statues in it. This is because the real shrines of the Buddha are preserved here.
TIANJIN (BEIJING), CHINA
- Visit the Korean Folk Village — a living museum where potters, weavers, blacksmiths and other artisans practice their centuries old skills. This living museum recreates Korea’s ancient rural past and features 260 traditional houses.
- Explore Wolmido, a traditional Korean Garden featuring replicas of palace gardens as well as the home-spun gardens of ordinary Korean people.
- Stop at Sinpo Market, Incheon’s traditional shopping venue where everything from seafood to clothing can be found among the stalls.
- Walk the Great Wall of China, one of the greatest wonders of the world.
- Explore the Forbidden City that was built for the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Stop at Tian’anmen Square and visit the Temple of Heaven.
- Visit the city of Tianjin and the Confucius Temple as well as Ancient Culture Street depicting aspects of life in China.
- The city of Qingdao (Green Island) in China’s Shandong Province is renowned for its wonderfully temperate climate, array of popular beaches and scenic nearby mountain ranges. May Fourth Square makes the streets a joy to stroll.
- Visit the Museum of Marine Products, an aquarium that houses hundreds of fascinating specimens and living sea creatures in an exhibition hall and aquarium, and the Naval Museum, which charts the development of the Chinese navy.
Contact your AAA Travel Agent to discuss the 3-night pre-cruise experience in Toyko and the exclusive shore excursions created for this group.
Visit your AAA Travel Agent or call 866-222-1337.