What to Have in Your Car Emergency Kit
Whether you're preparing for your next road trip or the next season, it's a good idea to take inventory of the items in your car emergency kit. AAA recommends having an emergency kit in your vehicle and provides this list of things to include and tips on where to stow them. Be sure to replenish any depleted items as needed.
• CELL PHONE AND CAR CHARGER (GLOVE COMPARTMENT)
• FIRST-AID KIT (GLOVE COMPARTMENT)
• BLANKET (LUGGAGE AREA)
• DRINKING WATER/SNACKS FOR EVERYONE IN THE CAR INCLUDING PETS (SOME IN GLOVE COMPARTMENT, THE REST IN THE LUGGAGE AREA)
• FLASHLIGHT WITH EXTRA FRESH BATTERIES
• RAGS, PAPER TOWELS OR PRE-MOISTENED WIPES
• BASIC SET OF TOOLS ALONG WITH DUCT TAPE AND CAR EMERGENCY WARNING DEVICES SUCH AS ROAD FLARES OR REFLECTORS (LUGGAGE AREA)
• ICE SCRAPER/SNOW BRUSH
• JUMPER CABLES/JUMP PACK
• TRACTION AID SUCH AS SAND, SALT OR NON-CLUMPING CAT LITTER
• TARP, RAINCOAT AND GLOVES
Click here to learn more about AAA Auto Repair and Maintenance Solutions.
The content contained in this article if for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide any professional guidance. AAA does not guarantee any particular outcome.